Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gurmeet <gu...@indicom.co.in> on 2002/03/22 06:37:41 UTC

Startup Message

Hi All,

I used to get a message like "Starting Apache-Tomcat StandAlone service" and
two more lines of text on the console whenever I started Tomcat.

Recently I just configured SSL on my server and that message stopped coming.
As such I dont have any problem with that but any Idea why that message
disappeared?

Gurmeet

RE: Startup Message

Posted by Gurmeet <gu...@indicom.co.in>.
Thanks a lot Andy,

This worked and I got the message

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1

Gurmeet

Posted by Andy Eastham <an...@gliant.com>.
All,

Sorry to anyone who got a virus report from this message - it contained a
.bat file in a zip and I got nasty messages from accelio.com, acsfss.com and
sd61.bc.ca.

I have rechecked checked that the zipped .bat file (which simply launched
Catalina from the command line) did not contain a virus.  It was definitely
clear as all it contained was:

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%CATALINA_HOME%\bin;%CATALINA_HOM
E%\common\lib" -classpath
"%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar" -Dcatalina.bas
e="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.io.tmpdir="%CAT
ALINA_HOME%\temp" org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap  start

Sorry if this caused anyone alarm.

Andy

RE: Startup Message

Posted by Andy Eastham <an...@gliant.com>.