Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by John Girvin <jo...@osarius.com> on 2002/10/29 12:18:26 UTC

powered by lucene

http://www.jobcentreonline.com

This is an online employment search and application site developed
for the Northern Ireland Department for Education and Learning
(http://www.delni.gov.uk/).

Lucene is used to hold and search cross referenced indexes of
available vacancies, vacancy groups and jobcentres. Indexes are
built from information held in database tables and lucene is
used in preference to direct database queries. We also hold pre-
generated HTML and XML versions of vacancy details for quick(er)
access.

This is running on the Apple WebObjects platform on Windows 2000
Server. There are around 5000 active vacancies at any one time
and the pilot site was seeing 1.5M hits per month, mostly on the
search and details pages. The same application is also used on a
Sparc box to drive Macromedia Flash based kiosks in the jobcentres
themselves.

I hope this is of some interest to folk here :)

/John
--
[ john girvin                |  tel: +44 (0)28  90228806 ]
[ senior software developer  |  mob: +44 (0)776  9885595 ]

Re: powered by lucene

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
This looks great John,

The site looks useful and well organized. It reminds me a little of
flipdog, one of my favorite job hunting interfaces.

However, in order to have us put you on the powered by Lucene website,
you have to have