Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com> on 2003/06/12 10:52:53 UTC

Digester errors in struts example

Hi,

I am using tomcat 4.1.18 on windows 2000

I have recently added a new webapp (struts-example-2002-06-11.war) to my
webapps directory.

I downloaded this struts example from :
http://bobcat.webappcabaret.net/ninsky/struts-examples-2002-06-11.war

Now when i restarted tomcat, there are lots and lots of exceptions being
thrown but before i can read them they get overwritten in the dos window.

I wish to send all these errors to a log file so that I can read it and
see what caused these errors.

How can we redirect the tomcat startup exceptions trace to a file ?

Before i can read the exception trace, it gets scrolled up. There is some
socket connect exception and some Digester exception.

Any hints ?

Thanking in advance,
Vijay Pawar

stack trace:- Digester errors in struts example

Posted by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com>.
> Look in the logs subdirectory of your Tomcat installation.
>
> I've just checked and the app does load OK on my installation (Tomcat
> 4.1.24)
Hi steve,
As u suggest it is not possible for me to change over from tomcat 4.1.18
to 4.1.24 because of organization policy.

Here is the exception trace. This comes after i put your war file in the
webapps directory.

I would be happy to learn more about struts from your example. Please help
me run it :0)~

Exception Trace :----

Jun 12, 2003 2:48:42 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
Jun 12, 2003 2:48:43 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getRegistry
INFO: Creating new Registry instance
Jun 12, 2003 2:48:48 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getServer
INFO: Creating MBeanServer
Jun 12, 2003 2:48:54 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.18
Jun 12, 2003 2:49:50 PM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
<init>
INFO: Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings',
returnNull=tru
Jun 12, 2003 2:50:54 PM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
<init>
INFO: Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.action.ActionResources',
returnNul
l=true
Jun 12, 2003 2:50:57 PM org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources
<init>
INFO: Initializing, config='ApplicationResources', returnNull=true
Jun 12, 2003 2:50:57 PM org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn
initResource
INFO: Loading validation rules file from '/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml'
Jun 12, 2003 2:51:18 PM org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn
initResource
SEVERE: Connection timed out: connect
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:139)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:386)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:602)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:303)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:264)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:336)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:317)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:312)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConne
ction.java:481)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection
.java:472)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLCon
nection.java:574)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:960)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.
java:807)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(XMLEntityManag
er.java:767)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDTDScanner
Impl.java:275)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(
XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:841)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XM
LDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:329)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.jav
a:525)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(DTDConfiguration.jav
a:581)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:152)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.j
ava:1175)
        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1514)
        at
org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResourcesInitializer.initialize
(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(ValidatorPl
ugIn.java:224)
        at
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java
:167)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(ActionServle
t.java:1105)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:468)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
java:934)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:82
1)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContex
t.java:3420)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
608)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:821)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:80
7)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:579)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDep
loyer.java:257)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:772)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:502
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:410
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:879)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:368)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:738)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:347
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
97)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:218
9)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Jun 12, 2003 2:51:43 PM org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn
initResource
INFO: Loading validation rules file from '/WEB-INF/validation.xml'
Jun 12, 2003 2:52:04 PM org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn
[...]

Jun 12, 2003 2:52:16 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
Jun 12, 2003 2:52:16 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Jun 12, 2003 2:52:16 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=20/490  config=C:\TOMCAT\conf\jk2.properties

Re: Digester errors in struts example

Posted by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com>.