Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bruno MACADRE <br...@univ-rouen.fr> on 2012/03/23 15:21:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache + Php CGI/FastCGI + userdir + suexec

Hi,

I'm new to this list, but I am a user of Apache for a long time.

I have set up a new web server with a certain number of restrictions,
it's been several weeks since I'm on it and I can no results.

My server must both provide a website for an institution (eg
www.domaine.fr) and simultaneously provide space for users (eg
www.domaine.fr/~foobar/).

All this is quite simple, where it gets complicated is that each user
must have its own PHP and php.ini and its own sessions and uploads
directories. User scripts must be started with their own identity.

I tried with suexec but nothing works.

Vhosts are not allowed. I use mod_fcgid but I do not know if mod_fastcgi
better answer to my expectations

Some information:

* OS: Ubuntu Server 11.10 amd64
* Apache: 2.2.20
* PHP: 5.3.6

Directories:
	DocumentRoot: /srv/www/
	Userdirs: /home/*/public_html
	User configuration directory: /var/www/*/conf/php.ini
	Directory of user sessions: /var/www/*/sessions
	Directory of user uploads: /var/www/*/uploads or
		/home/*/uploads (which is best)

All ideas are welcome
Best regards
Bruno

PS: Sorry for my english... I'm french :-)
--

Bruno MACADRE
  Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseau     | Systems and Network Engineer

	Tél : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-86
	Fax : +33 (0)2-32-95-51-87