Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stephen Love <st...@juno.com> on 2010/08/04 01:21:11 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Making sure a URL doesn't change when the site is ho sted somewhere else

RE: I have several sites hosted. I've moved them from San Diego to Philippines, back to Phoenix, now on Oklahoma. STILL ONLINE after 9 years... It's not hard. I do relative calls after static site name points to the current base site root... so I can move it all day, MYSQL, PHP and all. Just email me... I can walk you through it (no charge...) and yes, I use Apache/MySql/Php in XAMPP (Though XAMPP is just a convenience!)

See us online at http://www.LOVEnCompany.com.

From: Mike Soultanian <ms...@csulb.edu>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:05:24 -0700

Hi everyone,
I'm not sure what this is called, but I work at CSULB and have a website
hosted there.  Problem is that we're using ColdFusion on-campus and
they're phasing out support for that platform.

So, I'm going to move the site off-campus, but I need to make sure that
when a user goes to "cota.csulb.edu", the URL stays the same, even
though the site is being hosted off-campus.

We currently run Apache on-campus and I was looking to do our off-campus
hosting with Godaddy.  Does anyone know how I can set things up such
that the URL will stay the same and look like the site is hosted at
CSULB, even though the site is being hosted from an off-campus location?

Thanks!
Mike

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
AwesomePennyStocks.com
60&#8221; Plasma for $13.42?
NOW: High-Ticket items being auctioned for 95% off retail! Learn more.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c58a49dc01da5ce4ddst02vuc