Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Andres Falla <af...@assertsolutions.com> on 2018/10/11 15:51:40 UTC

ApacheDS

Good day ApacheDS team.

I have been working with the ApacheDS version 2.0.0.M24 and the performance
is acceptable with around 5000 records, but when I upgrade to ApacheDS
version 2.0.0.AM25 with the same memory and cache features, it is quite
degraded. , giving a latency of up to 10 times more.

I have observed that the file system of the partitions has changed to
improve the integrity of the data, but I would like to know if this affects
the performance when the data is consulted

Thanks

--

*Andrés Mauricio Falla Castañeda*
Middleware consultant

Re: ApacheDS

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 11/10/2018 à 17:51, Andres Falla a écrit :
> Good day ApacheDS team.
Hi,

> I have been working with the ApacheDS version 2.0.0.M24 and the performance
> is acceptable with around 5000 records, but when I upgrade to ApacheDS
> version 2.0.0.AM25 with the same memory and cache features, it is quite
> degraded. , giving a latency of up to 10 times more.

Hmmm.

What are the operations you find are slower ? Can you provide a precise
description (with time) on both servers ?

> I have observed that the file system of the partitions has changed to
> improve the integrity of the data, but I would like to know if this affects
> the performance when the data is consulted

Actually, the file system hasn't changed, we just have set up
transaction across B-trees, which means updates are either committed
globally, or rollbacked. In M24 and previous versions, transaction was
B-tree based, which means you may end with some dandling references in
some corner cases.

By all means, as transactions are handled in memory, we found that
additions are currently faster thant it was, search should be as fast
(or slow ;-) as it was before.

I'll be interested to know more !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny