Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Robert Leftwich <ro...@leftwich.info> on 2002/08/21 03:23:31 UTC

Problem with rollback

I am posting this to dev as it generated no responses (apart from my own)
in user:

I am doing some playing around with Slide and have a problem with using
rollback. The setup is using 2002-08-17 nightly src (or 1.0.16), built with
JDK 1.4.0_01 or 1.3.1 on W2000, using HSQL DB or file content, setup as per
the domain.sample file. The problem is that if I start a transaction, add
some content then rollback and check to see if the content is still there -
it is. I traced the problem to the fact that the structure is still
returned by the call to structure.retrieve(slideToken, contentURI) because
the ObjectNode is not removed from the cache in the StandardStore when
rollback is called. This seems to me to be a fairly serious problem - is
there a plan to address the sync'ing of caches with transactions at all ?

Robert

PS Please CC me directly with any answers as the mailing list has not
subscribed me as yet.