Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jonathan Revusky <jr...@terra.es> on 2002/05/06 01:35:04 UTC

I APOLOGIZE

Folks,

Look, I'm sorry. I thought this was just fun and games and I guess I
pushed Geir over the edge. I've noted in the past that he's ego-involved
in Velocity to an unhealthy extent and I was poking fun at it. Well, I
guess he couldn't get back at me legitimately and now has a written a
note in public insinuating that I did not write the Niggle framework
that has appeared in my sig for the last year at least.

Well, I did write it of course. The history of the project is on the
website and it's factual. There have been bits of code contributed here
and there, but it is my work at about the 98% level at least.

Look, I'll recognize that my behavior has not been so appropriate, but
Geir is going to have to step forward and retract this latest stuff.
This shit is not right. I may be provocative and I may rub people the
wrong way and tweak a guy's nose. Open source guys can be like that. But
we have honor for the most part. I do not take credit for another man's
work.

I want a retraction in public and I will immediately unsubscribe from
this list. Otherwise, I have a real grievance and I'm not a guy to piss off.

I apologize. I'm sorry it's come to this. It was bad judgment on my
part. Really. I'm quite upset about this now.

Jonathan Revusky
--
Lead developer of FreeMarker http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/
Build robust web appications with the