Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rishi N <re...@hotmail.com> on 2000/02/28 02:33:20 UTC

Resend:Broken pipe error in tomcat3.0/3.1 while loading javascript

Hi tomcat gurus,

i'm resending the attached mail, with some more details.

I tried moving over to tomcat3.1_m2, as described in the mail sent out
earlier by rubys@us.ibm.com. I still get the same error. I notice that the
errors occur as soon the page loading begins. they seem to be happening due
to our custom javascript libraries, but i can't see why these libs would
cause a problem like this. also, the developer who used these libraries,
does not face any problems while running his code on JavaWebServer2.0. i'm
running apache139, on sparc solaris 2.6, with  jdk1.2.2(required by the
custom js libraries).

Here is the error, again:

<pre>
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:83)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpResponseAdapter.doWrite(HttpResponseAdapter.java:146)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.doWrite(BufferedServletOutputStream.java:122)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.reallyFlush(BufferedServletOutputStream.java:245)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.write(BufferedServletOutputStream.java:186)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveStreamAsStream(DefaultServlet.java:337)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveStream(DefaultServlet.java:324)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveFile(DefaultServlet.java:288)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:200)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:390)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:513)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:147)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
</pre>
</l:ctx>
<l:ctx path="/test" >Broken pipe
/test/html/subscribe/lib/table_constructor.js</l:ctx>

The difference between using tomcat3.0 and tomcat3.1 is that in the former
case, after the above error, the login process would fail with another
<internal servlet error>. with tomcat3.1, the login succeeds, though i
sporadically get some other errors( i will post them in a separate
mail,since they seem to be tomcat3.1 related)

I can't figure out why I should get a SocketOutputStream.write() error. Any
pointers would be appreciated.

thanks,
rishi