Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave J Dandeneau <Da...@viant.com> on 2001/12/18 21:41:15 UTC

Security when jsps aren't in WEB-INF

If you have high security requirements and you don't want to put your
jsps in the WEB-INF, then how should you do it? Can you use declarative
security to make sure no one accesses a jsp directly?

thanks,
dave dandeneau

Re: Security when jsps aren't in WEB-INF

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com>.
The way that I've done it is to proxy all requests through an action.  If I
need to access a JSP w/o going through an action, I've used a DefaultAction
that is mapped to unknown (search the archives for more on this).  Then you can
protect /do/* (or .do*) in your web.xml.

You could also protect *.jsp but then you probably couldn't get to your login
pages if you're using form-based authentication.

HTH,

Matt