Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Valli Indraganti <va...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/19 17:29:06 UTC

query results file for trec_eval

Hello!

I am a student and I am trying to run evaluation for TREC format document. I
have the judgments. I would like to have the output of my queries for use
with trec_eval software. Can someone please point me how to make Solr spit
out output in this format? Or at least point me to some material that guides
me through this.

Thanks,
Valli

Re: query results file for trec_eval

Posted by Ezequiel Calderara <ez...@gmail.com>.
I don't know anything about the TREC format document, but i think if you
want text output, you can do it by using the
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/XsltResponseWriter to transform the xml to a
text...

--
______
Ezequiel.

Http://www.ironicnet.com

RE: query results file for trec_eval

Posted by "abhatnagar@vantage.com" <ab...@vantage.com>.
If I understand your use case correctly. You will have to write your own response writer.
Only the below response writers are available .

Query response writer

Description

XMLResponseWriter

The most general-purpose response format outputs its results in XML, as demonstrated by the blogging application in Part 1<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-solr1/>.

XSLTResponseWriter

The XSLTResponseWriter applies a specified XSLT transformation to the output of the XMLResponseWriter. The tr parameter in the request specifies the name of the XSLT transformation to use. The transformation specified must exist in the Solr Home's conf/xslt directory. See Resources<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-solr2/#resources> to learn more about the XSLT Response Writer.

JSONResponseWriter

Outputs results in JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) format. JSON is a simple, human-readable, data-interchange format that is also easy for machines to parse.

RubyResponseWriter

The RubyResponseWriter extends the JSON format so that the results can safely be evaluated in Ruby. If you are interested in using Ruby with Solr, follow the links to acts_as_solr<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-solr2/#resources> and Flare<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-solr2/#resources> in Resources<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-solr2/#resources>.

PythonResponseWriter

Extends the JSON output format for safe use in the Python eval method.

QueryResponseWriters are added to Solr in the solrconfig.xml file using the <queryResponseWriter> tag and affiliated attributes. The response type is specified in the request using the wt parameter. The default is "standard," which is set in the solrconfig.xml to be the XMLResponseWriter. Finally, instances of the QueryResponseWriter must provide thread-safe implementations of the write() and getContentType() methods used to create responses.

-Ankit

________________________________
View message @ http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/query-results-file-for-trec-eval-tp1732965p1732965.html
To start a new topic under Solr - User, email ml-node+472068-1740001710-24149@n3.nabble.com

Re: query results file for trec_eval

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> I am a student and I am trying to run evaluation for TREC
> format document. I
> have the judgments. I would like to have the output of my
> queries for use
> with trec_eval software. Can someone please point me how to
> make Solr spit
> out output in this format? Or at least point me to some
> material that guides
> me through this.

Lucene has a package (org.apache.lucene.benchmark.quality.trec) for this.

http://search-lucene.com/jd/lucene/org/apache/lucene/benchmark/quality/package-summary.html