Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by root <ba...@netwaybbs.com.br> on 2000/02/17 16:06:29 UTC

Unusual problems with POST method

    Hi everybody,

    I installed the tomcat in my Red Hat and all the examples are working
fine, including the RequestParam example (which uses doPost method to get
the parameters values from console). I wrote a simple servlet (named
SimpleServlet.java) that uses the doPost method too, and it's based on
RequestParam servlet, but when i tried to make it work (using my correct
server adress: http://localhost:8080/SimpleServlet.htm) , and i got a
message: "Error 400 - Method POST is not supported by this server."
    I tried different locations for classes, including the
/examples/WEB-INF/classes/, and the message was the same ever. I also tried
to copy the RequesParam.* to another directory
($tomcat_home/webpages/WEB-INF/*) and the RequestParam.html too, but still
doesn't work (same error).
    I noticed that the error wasn't a code-error fault, but maybe something
in my jakarta server config.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Daniel L. de Arola