Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/08/01 17:39:12 UTC

Re: SWF generator and serializer

Hi Torsten,

Do you have any news on the embedded font problem raised a few days ago as I have noted it with Win 2000, C2.1 Head, TC 4.0.4le, JDK 1.4, Flash 6, IE 5.5 and NS 6?  I am happy to do some more research if you are not able to look at the problem but I may need a few pointers as I am no expert on SWF generation and file format.  Interestingly NS6 throws the "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Encoding for '?' already present" exception, IE 5.5 throws a invalid element exception.

Jeremy

---------------------------------

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail_storage.html

Re: SWF generator and serializer

Posted by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I did try removing the HTML and Movie <font> elements but to no effect.  I tried removing one then the other and then both.  Is this what you meant or is there something else I should try?  If not then I'll hit bugzilla.
Cheers
jez
  Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> wrote: On Thursday 01 August 2002 17:39, Jeremy Aston wrote:
> Hi Torsten,
>
> Do you have any news on the embedded font problem raised a few days ago as
> I have noted it with Win 2000, C2.1 Head, TC 4.0.4le, JDK 1.4, Flash 6, IE
> 5.5 and NS 6? I am happy to do some more research if you are not able to
> look at the problem but I may need a few pointers as I am no expert on SWF
> generation and file format. Interestingly NS6 throws the
> "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Encoding for '?' already present"
> exception, IE 5.5 throws a invalid element exception.

sorry, really busy... And I'm not an expert on SWF either but let's see...

did you remove the embedded font as I suggested?
without a specific font he should use the default font.

...seems to be a major bug in spark. could you please post a bug at

http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?group_id=387

promise to look into this on the weekend
--
Torsten

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.