Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Iain Mac Donald <ia...@freeuk.com> on 2006/07/03 23:05:19 UTC

ofbiz on ipv6 only?

Previously I had been using ofbiz with Apache and mod_jk and everything
was working well (except the certificate which is now sorted). I had
wanted to test a scenario so I changed to using the embedded tomcat.
However, now I can't access ofbiz from the internet. I can however
connect using Lynx (text mode browser) on the server itself.

Netstat shows only the IPV6 ports to be open not the IPV4 ones. I am
using a firewall but with 8080 and 8443 open. I have also cleared the
firewall rules and shut it down with no effect. I have also tried the
ofbiz conf files with localhost/127.0.0.1/real IP

Currently I have only one ofbiz running so there aren't any port
conflicts.

Ideas anyone?
Iain.

Re: ofbiz on ipv6 only?

Posted by Iain Mac Donald <ia...@freeuk.com>.
Turns out my 8080/8443 requests were being filtered out downstream from
me. Only discovered after extensive use of nmap.

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 12:18 +0100, Ray Barlow wrote:

> When you have Tomcat running and set to the real IP address if you do
> "netstat -an"

This may be a peculiarity of my system... but the embedded Tomcat only
shows up as listening on tcp6 (using netstat). It was this that sent me
way down the wrong track! Nmap shows the port open as expected.

Running a native Tomcat netstat shows it listening on tcp4.

Thanks Ray.

Iain.

Re: ofbiz on ipv6 only?

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.
Certainly you need Tomcat to bind to the real external IP address or
0.0.0.0 which means all IPs on the machine, although not so desirable
from a control point of view.

When you have Tomcat running and set to the real IP address if you do
"netstat -an" you should see it listed in the top section using the that
real IP address, not 127.0.0.1 etc. If you are not seeing it listed
correctly there then maybe you've not changed the correct settings for
ofbiz/tomcat?

Sounds like your doing the right things just a little configuration
issue somewhere to find...

Ray