Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rajendra Rao <ra...@launchship.com> on 2014/06/05 08:54:52 UTC

Is it wrong to create index writer on each query request.

I have system in which documents and Query comes  frequently  .I am
creating index writer in memory every time for each query I request . I
want to know Is it good to separate Index Writing and loading  and Query
request ?  Whether It is good to save index writer on hard disk .Whether it
is time consuming to update index writer when new document will come.

Re: Is it wrong to create index writer on each query request.

Posted by Manjula Wijewickrema <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

What are the other disadvantages (other than the time factor) of creating
index for every request?

Manjula.

Posted by Aditya <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rajendra