Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by mitu2009 <mu...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 02:17:21 UTC

Reading document in Lucene

My indexed document in Lucene has got multiple cities assigned to it...ie.
doc.Add(new Field("city", city1.Trim(), Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED)); doc.Add(new Field("city", city2.Trim(),
Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED)); etc

how do i iterate thru them and read the values after executing the Lucene
search query?

Thanks

RE: Reading document in Lucene

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Ed,

On 3/30/2009 at 8:17 PM, mitu2009 wrote:
> My indexed document in Lucene has got multiple cities assigned to
> it...ie. doc.Add(new Field("city", city1.Trim(), Field.Store.YES,
> Field.Index.TOKENIZED)); doc.Add(new Field("city", city2.Trim(),
> Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED)); etc
>
> how do i iterate thru them and read the values after executing the
> Lucene search query?

This kind of question ("How does X work in Lucene?") belongs on the java-user mailing list, not on the java-dev mailing list, whose denizens are more fond of pondering questions like "How should X work in Lucene?"

This is not the first time that it has been suggested to you personally that you not post usage questions on the java-dev list.

Good luck,
Steve