Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by dm...@comcast.net on 2006/07/14 21:31:16 UTC

Bulk import From Jar

I was reading through the Derby Utilities manual about the bulk import using SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA and I was thinking that it might be really useful to be able to import from a file in a jar. It doesn't look like this can be done now but perhaps I am overlooking something?

Donald

Re: Bulk import From Jar

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
dmclean62@comcast.net wrote:
> I was reading through the Derby Utilities manual about the bulk import using SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_IMPORT_DATA and I was thinking that it might be really useful to be able to import from a file in a jar. It doesn't look like this can be done now but perhaps I am overlooking something?

If the routine takes a URL as well as a file name it might be possible.
Java supports a URL scheme for jar files. See the javadoc for
java.net.JarURLConnection. Derby usually accepts a URL or a file when
taking a 'file' name for reading.

Dan.