Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hutson Carspecken <hu...@myprivacypolicy.com> on 2003/07/18 21:36:18 UTC

Multiple Returns for Single Messages

Hello,

I have an issue of receiving multiple return emails (27 to be exact) for a single message.  Effectively I am forwarding a message to a new location, but the new location receives 27 identical messages.  Also, the mailet sends the message by itself, so I am a little confused why nothing happens  when I comment out the RemoteDelivery mailet.  Are we required to use this mailet to send everything?

Oh as a side note, the mailet that I use to forward a message is located in the Root Processor. Should I place it in the default Transport Processor?

Thanks,

Hut

RE: Multiple Returns for Single Messages

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> just thought that someone might have seen it before and had
> a quick configuration solution.

Sure.  Follow the First Rule of James Debugging:

  Turn on DEBUG for the spool manager, and
  watch the flow through the pipeline.

If you have a loop, you'll see it.

	--- Noel

Re: Multiple Returns for Single Messages

Posted by Hutson Carspecken <hu...@myprivacypolicy.com>.
Thanks Noel,

I did not mean to have someone else debug my program....just thought that

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Hut,