Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2013/10/04 11:41:20 UTC

Re: ALIAS feature, can be used for what?

Hi,

I have been asked the same question. There are only DELETEALIAS and CREATEALIAS actions available, so is there a way to achieve uninterrupted switch of an alias from one index to another? Are we lacking a MOVEALIAS command?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Right - update aliases should only map an alias to one collection, but are perfectly valid.

Read aliases can map to multiple collections or just one.

There is currently only a create alias command and not an update alias command. I suppose because the impl for create just happened to work for update as well, so I guess I figured why add it explicitly. I figured we could still do it later - and I suppose we probably should.

I also intend to add a list alias command: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4968

- Mark

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.
CREATEALIAS is also used to move an alias.