Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ahmad Shahzad <as...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/13 01:39:45 UTC

hadoop RPC Server and Client

Hi ALL,
            Can anyone tell me the purpose for RPC server and RPC client
that is used in hadoop. As far as logs tell, they are used by JobTracker and
TaskTracker, as well as namenode and datanode. Can anyone tell me that for
what purpose RPC server and client are used by each of them.

Ahmad

Re: hadoop RPC Server and Client

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
There's heartbeat between jobtracker and tasktracker, namenode and datanode.
Besides, tasktracker will report task progress info to jobtracker, and
datanode will report block report to namenode.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang