Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sonal Ojha <so...@sungardas.com> on 2014/05/12 14:04:20 UTC

[QUERY] [IAM TEST CASE] Vritual Machine IAM test scenarios

Hello,

I have a small query regarding the sample test case written for virtual
machine entity type for the IAM plugin.

The test case *test_03_grant_account_vm *which is to validate the below
mentioned scenarios is returning vms for all the three accounts
(account_1A, account_1B and account_2A) as the list_vm_response.

# Validate the following
       # 1. Grant account_1A VM access to account_1B
       # 2. listVM command should return account_1A and account_1B VMs.

Shouldn't it be returning vms for the two accounts (account_1A and
account_1B)? Kindly help to understand this scenario.

--

*Thanks and Regards,*

*Sonal Ojha ▪ Sr.Engineer - Product Development **▪ **Sungard Availability
Services, India*

2nd Floor, Wing 4, Cluster D, MIDC Kharadi Knowledge Park, Pune - 411 014 ▪
Office: 267-234-9014 ▪ Mobile: +91 9922412645 ▪ sonal.ojha@sungardas.com ▪
www.sungardas. <http://www.sungardas.com/>*in*

*[image: Logo]* <http://www.sungardas.com/>
*[image: cid:image019.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]*
<http://blog.sungardas.com/> *[image:
cid:image020.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]* <http://www.youtube.com/user/SunGardAS>
 *[image: cid:image021.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]*<https://plus.google.com/u/0/102459878242108588663/posts>
 *[image: cid:image022.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]*<https://www.facebook.com/SunGardAS>
 *[image: cid:image023.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]*<http://www.linkedin.com/company/sungard-availability-services>
 *[image: cid:image024.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]*<https://twitter.com/SunGardAS>
*CONFIDENTIALITY:*  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error,

Re: [QUERY] [IAM TEST CASE] Vritual Machine IAM test scenarios

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <Ra...@citrix.com>.
Assuming the order in which test cases should run is not a good practice. Every test case should do the setup required for it and also the teardown once its done so that it leaves the system clean in the same state it started with.
This also helps in easy understanding of what is being tested.
I think we should file a bug for this and fix it.

~Rajani

On 12-May-2014, at 10:16 pm, Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>> wrote:

Hi Sonal,

That is because test_03_grant_account_vm is running after test_02_grant_domain_vm, where we have granted domain2 VM to account_1B. At the end of test_02_grant_domain_vm, we didn't revoke this granting, so it will still take effect in test_03_grant_account_vm. Therefore, in test_03, account_1B should have two grants effective, and thus he can see 3 VMs.

Thanks
-min

From: Sonal Ojha <so...@sungardas.com>>
Date: Monday, May 12, 2014 5:04 AM
To: Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>>, Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>>
Cc: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: [QUERY] [IAM TEST CASE] Vritual Machine IAM test scenarios

Hello,

I have a small query regarding the sample test case written for virtual machine entity type for the IAM plugin.

The test case test_03_grant_account_vm which is to validate the below mentioned scenarios is returning vms for all the three accounts (account_1A, account_1B and account_2A) as the list_vm_response.

# Validate the following
       # 1. Grant account_1A VM access to account_1B
       # 2. listVM command should return account_1A and account_1B VMs.

Shouldn't it be returning vms for the two accounts (account_1A and account_1B)? Kindly help to understand this scenario.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Sonal Ojha ▪ Sr.Engineer - Product Development ▪ Sungard Availability Services, India
2nd Floor, Wing 4, Cluster D, MIDC Kharadi Knowledge Park, Pune - 411 014 ▪ Office: 267-234-9014 ▪ Mobile: +91 9922412645 ▪ sonal.ojha@sungardas.com<ma...@sungardas.com> ▪ www.sungardas.<http://www.sungardas.com/>in
<http://www.sungardas.com/>
<http://blog.sungardas.com/> <http://www.youtube.com/user/SunGardAS>  <https://plus.google.com/u/0/102459878242108588663/posts>  <https://www.facebook.com/SunGardAS>  <http://www.linkedin.com/company/sungard-availability-services>  <https://twitter.com/SunGardAS>
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Re: [QUERY] [IAM TEST CASE] Vritual Machine IAM test scenarios

Posted by Sonal Ojha <so...@sungardas.com>.
I have written test case for Volume to setup and clean at each test
scenario, and I am facing issues while granting permissions at account
scope (it works fine at domain scope). Its giving an assertion error at 2.

1. Grant account_1A Volume access to account_1B
2. listVolumes command should return account_1A and account_1B Volumes
-- *instead
of listing two volumes it returns only one volume for account_1B.*

Is this a bug or am I doing something unexpected?? For reference I am
attaching the test case and the runinfo logs.

Posted by Sonal Ojha <so...@sungardas.com>.

Posted by Sonal Ojha <so...@sungardas.com>.
I agree to the point.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
Hi Sonal,

From: Sonal Ojha <so...@sungardas.com>>
Date: Monday, May 12, 2014 5:04 AM
To: Prachi Damle <Pr...@citrix.com>>, Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>>
Cc: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<ma...@cloudstack.apache.org>" <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>>

[Logo]<http://www.sungardas.com/>
[cid:image019.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0]<http://blog.sungardas.com/> [cid:image020.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0] <http://www.youtube.com/user/SunGardAS>  [cid:image021.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0] <https://plus.google.com/u/0/102459878242108588663/posts>  [cid:image022.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0] <https://www.facebook.com/SunGardAS>  [cid:image023.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/sungard-availability-services>  [cid:image024.png@01CF48EC.6617C7F0] <https://twitter.com/SunGardAS>