Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/20 17:46:57 UTC

New wicket-ajax and bind() function.

The new implementation of wicket-ajax (based on JQuery) does not check
anymore if bind() function is defined.  This causes Internet Explorer
(from 6 to 8) not to work with some components like AjaxLink.

Re: New wicket-ajax and bind() function.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com>.
I think it is a good solution, and I agree we should not use any
library-dependent code on server side.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks Andrea,
>
> I have noticed it too.
> At one side we don't want to polute native JavaScript objects, like
> Funtion.prototype.
> On the other side I don't want to use any jQuery specific code at the
> server side. The current problem is that we have some hardcoded usages
> of ".bind(this)" in the .java code.
>
> I'll introduce Wicket#inCtx() in the JavaScript API that will delegate
> to jQuery.proxy and this will solve the problem.

Implemented with r1204424.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
I'm fine

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.