Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Lars Volker <lv...@cloudera.com> on 2017/05/05 12:50:32 UTC

Can we add a special ColumnOrder for testing?

Hi All,

PR #46 <https://github.com/apache/parquet-format/pull/46> introduced
ColumnOrder with the limitation that a reader should ignore stats for a
column if the corresponding ColumnOrder in FileMetaData contains an unknown
value. In order to test this logic, it would be helpful to have a special
value InvalidOrder or UnsupportedOrder that would never be supported by a
reader. I assume this may be helpful to test other implementations, too.

Cheers, Lars

Re: Can we add a special ColumnOrder for testing?

Posted by Lars Volker <lv...@cloudera.com>.
Here it is: https://github.com/apache/parquet-format/pull/53

Let me know if we should have a separate JIRA for the Makefile path fix.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer