Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Lachlan Deck <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/05 04:18:28 UTC

OracleSelectTranslator can not access OracleStatementWrapper

Hi there,

We're testing the use of Oracle Database 10g (actually the Express
Edition for testing) via the JDBC Thin driver
(oracle.driver.OracleDriver). e.g., uri:
jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:db

We've downloaded the driver jar ojdbc5 11.1.0.6	here:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

However, we're seeing the below exception when attempting to create a
statement. It's seemingly not surprising as the OracleStatementWrapper
is not public.

Does anyone have any suggestions or work-a-rounds for this?
Thanks

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class
org.apache.cayenne.dba.oracle.OracleSelectTranslator can not access a
member of class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper with
modifiers "public"
     [java]     at
sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:65)
     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:578)
     [java]     at
org
.apache
.cayenne
.dba
.oracle
.OracleSelectTranslator.createStatement(OracleSelectTranslator.java:132)
     [java]     at
org
.apache
.cayenne.access.jdbc.SelectAction.performAction(SelectAction.java:72)
     [java]     at
org
.apache
.cayenne.access.DataNodeQueryAction.runQuery(DataNodeQueryAction.java:
58)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:230)

Re: OracleSelectTranslator can not access OracleStatementWrapper

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Fixed on trunk. See the Jira for details:

https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-1051

Andrus

Posted by Matthias Moeser <ma...@ish.com.au>.
Hi there,