Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Erdem MEYDANLI <em...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/18 11:42:52 UTC

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

I wanted to revive this discussion. As I stated before, I and a friend of
mine (a graphical artist.) will start working on this. But,

- What's the deadline for this? (A deadline is a powerful force for
motivation.)
- We are planning to come up with a logo with a mascot.  As stated above, a
mascot should convey how we feel about this RTOS. So, may I ask for you
guys to share your opinions on NuttX? How do you feel and what do you think
about NuttX? Why do you use it? Which property of it makes it a useful tool
for you? If you had to describe it with two or three words, which words
would you choose? I appreciate your opinions in advance.

Thanks.

BR,
Erdem

Erdem MEYDANLI <em...@gmail.com>, 28 May 2020 Per, 19:57 tarihinde şunu

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
When we talk about logos and mascots, we also need to be concerned about
infringing on trademarks.  When this gets down to a few candidates we
will probably need to do some investigation to make sure that we do have
the rights to use the mascot.

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi liked the Puffin and the Flying Bee Hummingbird ideas.

The Puffin are really cute animal and will be a great mascot. And the
Flying Bee Hummingbird pass the idea of a tiny animal and freedom.

BR,

Alan

On 6/20/20, tempulse@163.com <te...@163.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What about a Flying Bee Hummingbird,
> - being lite while following all the standard of a bird, he is a create
> following god's standard of a specific class.
> - being tiny but doing her bug-killing job quite well, ( I don't hate Atmel
> Studio logo, I like it )
> -flying bird means freedom, following standard does not mean giving up
> freedom...
> - precise / deterministic ( real time ), she stays in front of flowers,
> moves and stay once more, she just do it.
>
> I think it's quite close to the soul of NuttX ?
>

> Cheers / Tempulse

RE: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by te...@163.com.

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Miguel Ángel Herranz <mi...@midokura.com.INVALID>.

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Erdem MEYDANLI <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Erdem MEYDANLI <em...@gmail.com>.

I just had a funny thought: given the name NuttX, what if we consider a
nut, like a walnut. It could be partly open with "magic" emanating from
inside...
<<<<

No. Not really. :) I also have something in my mind that is similar to
yours. Besides, a nut reminds me of squirrels.
These cute creatures live pretty much everywhere around the world. (With a
big exception: Australia)
Might it be a good fit for NuttX?

Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>, 19 Haz 2020 Cum, 19:42 tarihinde

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Erdem MEYDANLI <em...@gmail.com>.

Maybe puffins? [1]  They are small, fast and can live in both sea and land.
<<<

What a cute bird! It looks like a cartoon character! And an excellent
suggestion. Thank you, Abdelatif!

Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>, 19 Haz 2020 Cum,

Re: The new Apache NuttX Logo

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.