Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Dave Oxley <ox...@hotmail.com> on 2001/01/27 01:12:09 UTC

mod_webapp and Win32

I've managed to get mod_webapp compiling under Windows but when I plug it
into Apache I get the following error:

Syntax error on line 1 of /Tomcat-4.0/conf/mod_webapp.conf:
Can't locate API module structure `webapp_module' in file c:/program
files/apache group/apache/modules/mod_webapp.dll: cified procedure could not
be found:

Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  27...

Any ideas?

Dave
Dave@JungleMoss.com

Re: mod_webapp and Win32

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Dave Oxley <ox...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've managed to get mod_webapp compiling under Windows but when I plug it
> into Apache I get the following error:
>
> Syntax error on line 1 of /Tomcat-4.0/conf/mod_webapp.conf:
> Can't locate API module structure `webapp_module' in file c:/program
> files/apache group/apache/modules/mod_webapp.dll: cified procedure could not
> be found:
>
> Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  27...
>
> Any ideas?

None, but as far as I can tell it's not going to work in Win32 due to the
different process-based/thread-based differences between the Unix and Win32
versions of Apache... I still need to deal with a couple of multithreaded
locks in multi threaded environments...

    Pier

--
Pier Fumagalli                                 <ma...@betaversion.org>