Posted to dev@hdt.apache.org by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/27 11:02:28 UTC

[DISCUS] HDT Release

I would like to know how do people feel about release of HDT from
hadoop-eclipse-merge branch. With the fix of icons issue[1] I think the
functionality of browsing Zookeeper and  HDFS servers provides us a good
release point.

regards,
Rahul

1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDT-40

Re: [DISCUS] HDT Release

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
The point of testing is quite valid and we can spend sometime on testing
it. But the issue if regression in HDT due to lack of MR piece is not the
case. In HDT src there is code for MR piece but it not integrated with the
UI and thus does not perform. Moreover we didn't release any artifact
before and  thus there is nothing that we need support.

regards,
Rahul

Re: [DISCUS] HDT Release

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUS] HDT Release

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUS] HDT Release

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUS] HDT Release

Posted by Adam Berry <ad...@apache.org>.
I think this is a good idea.

Re: [DISCUS] HDT Release

Posted by Rahul Sharma <ra...@gmail.com>.
Nice to hear from you Bob !

We have been involved in importing Hadoop-Eclipse code. The related  items
are being tracked in HDT-32[1] epic. Rest there is not much of a plan. We
released RC0 couple of weeks back and then there was HDT-44[2], and a
couple of feedback items. They have bee addressed and I think we can
trigger a new release candidate.

I have tested things on my Linux box with a small cluster. Not much of
effort has gone down the testing road and it will be nice to have plan in
place before we head for RC1.

regards,
Rahul

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDT-32