Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ryan Hunt <rh...@hp.com> on 2004/04/05 16:30:13 UTC

svn mv in wc seems to leave remnant directories

I am noticing that given the following dir structure:

/trunk
	/dir1
	/dir2

and the following command

cd /trunk
svn mv dir1 dir2/dir1

the resultant tree is

/trunk
	/dir1
	/dir2
		/dir1

and a commit is not possible till I go in an remove dir1 manually.

Error received:

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Out of date: '/trunk/doc/esx' in transaction '1e'

Is this a known problem, or a problem specific to me?

-Ryan

Cheers,

Ryan

Re: svn mv in wc seems to leave remnant directories

Posted by Ryan Hunt <rh...@hp.com>.
my mail server was on the blitz last week.  there was a bunch of stuff
in my out box that was queued up this morning and so it could easily
have been sent twice.  my apologies.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan Hunt