Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/09/11 11:51:01 UTC

Re: SUBMIT: candidate for an optional task

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Arnold deVos <ad...@langdale.com.au> wrote:

> Like the built-in task style, styler can apply a single
> transformation to a set of XML files. But it can also:
>
> o handle multiple transformations, in parallel or pipelined.
>
> o enable transformations that split or merge files
>
> o process non-XML files, especially HTML (based on JTidy)

Sounds interesting and I'd rather replace the current <style> with
your implementation if it really provides a superset of functionality
(haven't looked at the sources yet), *but*

> LGPL licence

makes it impossible for the stuff to become any part of Ant, optional
or built-in.

Stefan