Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/06 12:24:32 UTC

openejb-webservices compilation problems and Java 6.0

I checked out the latest code from repo and everything went OK - the
encoding problem didn't appear on my windows machine - but while I am
building the openejb-webservices project I got two compilation errors in
SoapFactoryImpl.java, because the createFault() and createFault(String,
QName); are not supported in the SOAPFactory class while I am building using
Java 5 when I used Java 6 it compiled just OK.

I think it will not be a problem for the user who is using Java 5 to run
OpenEJB but now it is a mandatory to compile against Java 6 at least for
this project. I was thinking in a conditional compilation solution and found
one using ANT and I am still searching for one using Maven2, so while
building if we can detect which Java version we use and weh can conditionaly
compile the former methods. Any thoughts about that, Am I thinking in the
right direction ?

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: openejb-webservices compilation problems and Java 6.0

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Happy to know that, please let me fix the Embedded Jetty thing, and if I
need any help I will ask you for :D, give me a chance to learn :)

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Jan 6, 2008, at 4:22 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:

> I did :) and it worked when building using maven but it didn't from
> inside
> Eclipse. [...] but can you explain why it didn't work from inside
> Eclipse ???

I have no idea, I don't use Eclipse.  Clearly they're adding some
library that shouldn't be there.  First thing I'd do is try and find
out where the interface that's causing the issue is coming from.

I can guarantee it's not a java5 vs. java6 issue as SOAPFactory is not
in java5.

-David

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
I did :) and it worked when building using maven but it didn't from inside
Eclipse. BTW I found a pre-processor for Java - Java+
http://virtualschool.edu/java+/ - but no maven plugin and I found another
workaround using ANT -
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/schaefa/archive/2005/01/how_to_do_condi_1.html-

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.