Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Sudheer <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/14 11:25:56 UTC

Creating Cayenne objects from DTO annotations

Hi,

Is there a way to create Cayenne objects, which are usually created by
Modeler, from existing DTOs (Data Transfer Objects) that are having
annotations? Any third-party api for this?

To reduce dev effort and retain consistency in our project, we are looking
for ways to automate creation of cayenne objects from DTOs.

Thank you,
Sudheer

Re: Creating Cayenne objects from DTO annotations

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Are you planning to generate DataMap from DTO's as well? Or do you
have it already?

If you do, DataMap XML can be passed to Ant or Maven to generate
classes:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/ant-tasks.html
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/maven2-plugins.html

Andrus