Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vicki Brown <vl...@cfcl.com> on 2004/11/13 18:51:04 UTC

bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting!

I have upgraded to SA 3.0.1
I read the upgrading document
I built the new SA, ran the tests, turned off the old spamd,  the (old)
sa-learn --rebuild
installed SA 3.0.1, ran the (new) sa-learn --sync and got this:

Argument "RBL" isn't numeric in addition (+) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm line 244.
Argument "RBL" isn't numeric in addition (+) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm line 244.
Argument "RBL" isn't numeric in addition (+) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm line 244.
Argument "RBL" isn't numeric in addition (+) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm line 244.
bayes: bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting! at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line
160.

sa-learn --dump -D said
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
bayes: bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting! at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line
160.
ERROR: Bayes dump returned an error, please re-run with -D for more
information

Um... what's bayes db version 2, why do I have it, how do I fix it?
what happened?
--
Vicki Brown     ZZZ                Journeyman Sourceror:
SF Bay Area, CA    zz  |\     _,,,---,,_      Scripts & Philtres

Re: bayes db version 2 is not able to be used, aborting!

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
You sent three messages to the list in a row without indicating
if the earlier problems are solved or if the three are actually
connected. Don't you think that your problems are connected
somehow? You seem to have upgraded from SA 2.6x to 3.0. I assume
you either have a mixed setup now or you need to upgrade some
Perl modules SA depends on. You should start over.
Why don't you put all this in a broader perspective and give
more information (f.i. which way you upgraded from what etc.)?

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: