Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/11 19:05:47 UTC

Blank screen after upgrade to 1.0.0.

Hi,

I have tried to upgrade from 0.9.14 to 1.0.0 and something didn't work as
Im getting a blank screen accesing the login screen.

In the catalina log file I have seen the below errors, so I assumed this
was something related to the mysql schema.

### Error querying database.  Cause:
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column
'username' in 'field list'
### The error may exist in
org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
### The error may involve defaultParameterMap
### The error occurred while setting parameters
### SQL: SELECT             user_id,             username,
password_hash,             password_salt,             password_date,  $
### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException:
Unknown column 'username' in 'field list'

I have tried again to process all schema upgrade .sql files and all
returned duplicated column (what is expected) except upgrade-pre-0.9.6.sql
which show the below:

root@tvh-server:/home/djrm/Descargas/guacamole1.0/guacamole-auth-jdbc-1.0.0/mysql/schema/upgrade#
mysql -u root -p guacamole_db < upgrade-pre-0.9.6.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 24: Unknown column 'user_id' in 'field list'

Can it be this blank screen due to any error on this sql file? The content
of the file is:

INSERT INTO guacamole_user_permission
      (user_id, affected_user_id, permission)
SELECT user_id, user_id,          'READ'
FROM guacamole_user
WHERE
    user_id NOT IN (
        SELECT user_id
        FROM guacamole_user_permission
        WHERE
            user_id = affected_user_id
            AND permission = 'READ'
    );

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks
David

Re: Blank screen after upgrade to 1.0.0.

Posted by David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com>.
OK, I found the issue... it is related to the Spanish translation as
setting English language it show 1.0.0

is there any easy way to fix this?

Posted by David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 12:22 PM David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I have removed the guacamole folder from the tomcat8 webapps folder,
> downloaded again the .war file and place it in /etc/guacamole (tomcat has a
> sym link to this) and restarted tomcat again. Now the blank screen back
> again  :(
>
> Catalina log show lot of these errors:
>
> 21:15:59.174 [http-nio-8080-exec-7] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper -
> Unexpected internal error:
> ### Error querying database.  Cause:
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table
> 'guacamole_db.guacamole_user_history' d$
> ### The error may exist in
> org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
> ### The error may involve defaultParameterMap
> ### The error occurred while setting parameters
> ### SQL: SELECT             guacamole_user.user_id,
> guacamole_entity.entity_id,             guacamole_entity.name,
> pa$
> ### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException:
> Table 'guacamole_db.guacamole_user_history' doesn't exist

Either your database is still from an older version or it was not properly
updated. The guacamole_user_history table was added in 0.9.14. Did you run
each of the relevant upgrade scripts against your database?

From "Upgrading an existing database" in the database auth documentation

Posted by David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com>.
[...]

### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table
'guacamole_db.guacamole_user_history' doesn't exist

I have checked again that in /etc/guacamole/extensions folder remains
guacamole-auth-jdbc-mysql-1.0.0.jar file

Any idea?

Thx

Posted by Erik Berndt <er...@superiorpaving.net>.

Posted by David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 14:47 David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OMG I have just seen that the login screen Im reaching said
> "0.9.13-incubating" so not sure why it is getting this version instead
> 1.0.0.
> Could someone point me in the right direction? Im really lost

Yeah, that could be a problem.  You need to go to your Tomcat directory and
remove the existing guacamole.war file (or whatever it is called in your
install and then copy the 1.0.0 war for into place.  I'd shut down Tomcat
before you do that and then restart it when you're done just to be sure.

-Nick

Re: Blank screen after upgrade to 1.0.0.

Posted by David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Berndt <er...@superiorpaving.net>.

Posted by David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 11:21 Nick Couchman <vnick@apache.org wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 14:06 David Rodriguez <dj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried to upgrade from 0.9.14 to 1.0.0 and something didn't work as
>> Im getting a blank screen accesing the login screen.
>>
>> In the catalina log file I have seen the below errors, so I assumed this
>> was something related to the mysql schema.
>>
>> ### Error querying database.  Cause:
>> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column
>> 'username' in 'field list'
>> ### The error may exist in
>> org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
>> ### The error may involve defaultParameterMap
>> ### The error occurred while setting parameters
>> ### SQL: SELECT             user_id,             username,
>> password_hash,             password_salt,             password_date,  $
>> ### Cause: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException:
>> Unknown column 'username' in 'field list'
>>

> This is the result of a mismatch between the database schema and the JDBC
> extension.  Most likely you upgraded the DB to the 1.0.0 schema but it
> looks like the old extension is still loaded.  Make sure that you upgrade
> the JDBC extension file (remove 0.9.14 jar, make sure 1.0.0 jar is on
> place) and restart Tomcat (or whatever container you're using).

Another point: If the 0.9.14 extension is being loaded, the webapp must
also be 0.9.14. There are sanity checks that verify extension versions
match before loading them.

- Mike

Re: Blank screen after upgrade to 1.0.0.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.