Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2001/08/28 13:15:39 UTC

Order of build...

Sorry to be coming so late to this, but why have we switched to building
apr-util first?  This seems to be ass backwards as apr-util is a utility
library built on top of apr and also means we can't build on beos :(

david

Re: Order of build...

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"David Reid" <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> writes:

> Sorry to be coming so late to this, but why have we switched to building
> apr-util first?  This seems to be ass backwards as apr-util is a utility
> library built on top of apr and also means we can't build on beos :(

I think I'm the guilty party :)

The problem I hit was at "make distclean"/"make extraclean" time...

apr-util depends on apr for build, even during "make distclean"...  if
"make distclean" runs first in apr then when we get to apr-util it
craps out because ../apr/build/rules.mk has been wiped out.

What sort of problem are you hitting with apr-util coming first?

(welcome back)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...