Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Susheel Kumar <su...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/26 08:19:49 UTC

BasicAuthentication & blockUnknown Issue

Hello,

I configured Solr for Basic Authentication with blockUnknown:true.  It
works well and no issue observed in ingestion & querying the solr cloud
cluster but in the Logging i see below errors being logged.

I see SOLR-9188 and SOLR 8236 logged for similar issue.  Is there any
workaround/fix that I can avoid these errors in the log even though cluster
is working fine ?

Thanks,
Susheel

security.json
===
{
"authentication":{
    "blockUnknown": true,
    "class":"solr.BasicAuthPlugin",
    "credentials":{"solr":"pv7VOv0Riny47Gg7B+dEbI6DZNx/2lP1ZRUkoU1zf+k=
po+GSKNNGfRmlgWPfo8fOphw8EzVP0F+YfKUBrfNzQA="}},
"authorization":{
    "class":"solr.RuleBasedAuthorizationPlugin",
    "permissions":[{
        "name":"security-edit",
        "role":"admin"}],
    "user-role":{"solr":"admin"}
}}

Logging Errors
===
Time (Local) Level Core Logger Message
8/25/2016, 11:50:45 PM
ERROR false
PKIAuthenticationPlugin
Exception trying to get public key from : http://host1:8983/solr
8/25/2016, 11:50:45 PM
ERROR false
PKIAuthenticationPlugin
Decryption failed ,&#8203; key must be wrong
8/25/2016, 11:50:45 PM
WARN false
PKIAuthenticationPlugin
Failed to decrypt header,&#8203; trying after refreshing the key
8/25/2016, 11:50:45 PM
ERROR false
PKIAuthenticationPlugin
Exception trying to get public key from : http://host1:8983/solr
8/25/2016, 11:50:45 PM
ERROR false
PKIAuthenticationPlugin
Decryption failed ,&#8203; key must be wrong
8/25/2016, 11:50:45 PM
ERROR false
PKIAuthenticationPlugin
Could not decipher a header host1:8984_solr
UE4VOAXkNYDmZGmMBe34VCPoWJgVoRU5IByP9TCS7bXP6QLTB37D9R6DNCWbeAzPOekQ3t7rB+8dS7YUxrGg==
. No principal set