Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/18 21:37:00 UTC

commits/cherry-picks to branches

Hi all,

I saw some changes were cherry-picked to branch-4.6 without adding the
release label in the pull requests. That is going to cause us missing
commits in release notes. It would be good for committers to pay attentions
to cherry-pick changes.

A few practices to follow here:

- in general, I would recommend using `dev/bk-merge-pr.py` for merging
changes. The script handles adding labels for pull request and its
corresponding issue. It provides the option for handling cherry-pick
changes to other branches.
- if a change is a fix for branches, or needs to be cherry-picked to
branches, it is a good practice to label the pull request with the releases
that it needs to be checked in. so committers are aware which branches that
this pull request needs to be checked in.
- if you are manually cherry-picking changes from master to branches
(bypass the merge script), please remember to update the corresponding pull
requests and issues with the correct release label.

- Sijie

Re: commits/cherry-picks to branches

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
Oops, I think that was me, with 2 flake fixes. Will remember it for future.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli