Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Abate <Jo...@DCH.com> on 2001/09/26 21:10:00 UTC

HTTP Status 503 - Servlet jsp is currently unavailable

Hi all

I am getting this error trying to move from tomcat 3.2 to tomcat 4.0.  The
examples under tomcat 4.0 are working and I followed the doc to add my app.
The responses I am getting from the manager is everything is ok.  When I go
and try to launch the app I get this error.  I know it is in the setup of my
app to tomcat 4.0 because the examples are working and so it is not tomcat
4.0 it self.  Any suggestion would be helpfull.

Re: HTTP Status 503 - Servlet jsp is currently unavailable

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
The very first thing to do is look in the log files for error messages
that might explain what is going on -- generally, there will be some sort
of an exception and a stack trace.  If you cannot understand what the
exception says, you can post it (and the stack trace) to the mailing list
and be more likely to get an answer.

Craig McClanahan