Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2009/02/13 03:45:38 UTC

Re: Strange error Please ensure that your database records are in the correct format

Hi Pinaki,

On Feb 12, 2009, at 5:02 PM, Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> 1. org.apache.renamed.openjpa.jdbc.meta.strats....
>
> Why is the package name different?
>
> 2. From the stack trace, the field strategy looks suspicious. It may
> have
> been related to the fact that someone renamed/refactored openjpa
> packages.
>
> 3. IANAL, but is repackaging/renaming a open source software kosher
> from a
> licensing point of view?

Yes, the Apache license is very liberal, so renaming packages is
perfectly fine, as long as the conditions of the license are adhered to.

Of course, if the renaming causes problems, it might be very hard to
get anyone to look at the problem.

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Strange error Please ensure that your database records are in the correct format

Posted by Matt Higgins <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is a 3rd party app where the jar came from. I did figure out my issue
stupid me, I was using the interface as the targetEntity and not the impl.
Its working now thanks for your help.