Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Din, Waheed" <wa...@logica.com> on 2010/08/19 13:38:28 UTC

How to perform actions on a web site

Is it possible to use/configure Jmeter to perform certain actions on a
website. I've performed a "Login" action, but now I want to access other
pages where users are added, removed, edited and see how our system
deals with different loads (e.g. have 10 users create new users).

I'm unsure how I can tell Jmeter to access the "Edit User" page, and
update their address for example or carry out a particular action.

I initially thought I would just create another HTTP Request form but
this only seems to test the load on that page instead of testing the
load of a particular action such as add, remove etc.

Thanks in advance !

Waheed

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu sch�tzen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.

Re: How to perform actions on a web site

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Hi,

see the archives, this question is answered about weekly on here.

You need to make yourself closely aware to the fact that "actions" on
your website are merely HTTP requests of certain URLs with certain GET
or POST parameters. In most cases, see your <form> methods and actions
to get an idea.

Once you added Samplers that perform given actions, it is wise to rename
them to describe to you what their purpose is. The Listeners (such as
summary report) will then draw nice tables giving you the performance of
each type of request (=action).

HTH,
Felix