Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Tomek <wi...@o2.pl> on 2012/09/25 14:56:49 UTC

NER for polish language

Hi!
My name is Tomek and I am student from Poznań University of Technology in Poland.
Recently I worked for PSNC. My task was to create NER engine for polish language.
My supervisor asked me to contact with you and include my work in stanbol project.
Could I get some information how to add new feature to your project (if You are interested).

Tomek

Re: NER for polish language

Posted by "Pablo N. Mendes" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomek,
I would advise you to involve the OpenNLP community, as they have already
done a lot of work with NER for other languages:
http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/models-1.5/

A good starting point would be to train OpenNLP models for Polish based on
Wikipedia data, as Olivier once shared here:
http://dev.blogs.nuxeo.com/2011/01/mining-wikipedia-with-hadoop-and-pig-for-natural-language-processing.html

Cheers,
Pablo

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Fabian Christ <christ.fabian@googlemail.com