Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Jim Blandy <ji...@zwingli.cygnus.com> on 2001/02/28 15:33:24 UTC

I hate CVS

So, is it `-d -P', or `-D -p' that I need to pass to CVS to make it do
the natural and obvious thing, almost always correctly?

*grumble grumble*

Re: I hate CVS

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:06:26AM -0600, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> Lee Burgess <le...@red-bean.com> writes:
>
> > I always do '-dP'.
>
> As do I.  BEWARE the -D!  Since you likely won't give it any
> parameters, you're asking CVS to give the files as of the date
> (nothing)--last time I accidentally did -D, I couldn't get any new
> updates afterwards because all my entries had sticky dates of Jan 1
> 1970!!

fyi, you should be able to disable sticky settings with:

  $ cvs up -A

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: I hate CVS

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Lee Burgess <le...@red-bean.com> writes:

> I always do '-dP'.

As do I.  BEWARE the -D!  Since you likely won't give it any
parameters, you're asking CVS to give the files as of the date
(nothing)--last time I accidentally did -D, I couldn't get any new
updates afterwards because all my entries had sticky dates of Jan 1
1970!!

Ugh.

Re: I hate CVS

Posted by Lee Burgess <le...@red-bean.com>.
Thomas Down writes:
 > On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:33:24AM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:
 > >
 > > So, is it `-d -P', or `-D -p' that I need to pass to CVS to make it do
 > > the natural and obvious thing, almost always correctly?
 > >
 > > *grumble grumble*
 >
 >   -d -P
 >
 > Thomas (who got bitten by this one in a fairly big way last
 >         week, on another project.  *grumble*)

I always do '-dP'.

--
Lee P. W. Burgess  <<!>>  Manipulate eternity. Power is a symphony:
Programmer         <<!>>  elaborate, enormous, essential.

Re: I hate CVS

Posted by Thomas Down <td...@sanger.ac.uk>.