Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by MONZON Jose <jo...@efgfp.com> on 2010/09/10 11:17:49 UTC

Wicket 1.4.11 seems to have Ajax support broken under Firefox 3.6.x

Hi there!

I've been giving a Try to Wicket framework. But I have to admit that I'm
starting to get crazy! Some help appreciated.

I'm using last Wicket distribution 1.4.11

And I'm trying to implement the Wicket Form (with ajax) example you can
find here:
http://wicketstuff.org/wicket14/nested/?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:org.apa
che.wicket.examples.ajax.builtin.FormPage

It just doesn't work for Firefox (chrome behaves correctly). The Ajax is
ignored and a normal submit is perform (actually, it does the ajax
first, it fails and then it does the normal submit). I have no way to
check what is going on, because the server logs nothing and the Ajax
debug layer is cleaned after the pages reloads.

I'm copying the example here for your convenience:

FormPanel.java

-------------------------

ublic class FormPanel extends WebPage {

    private final Bean bean = new Bean();

    /**

     * Constructor

     */

    public FormPanel() {

        // create feedback panel to show errors

        final FeedbackPanel feedback = new FeedbackPanel("feedback");

        feedback.setOutputMarkupId(true);

        add(feedback);

        // add form with markup id setter so it can be updated via ajax

        Form<Bean> form = new Form<Bean>("form", new
CompoundPropertyModel<Bean>(bean));

        add(form);

        form.setOutputMarkupId(true);

        FormComponent fc;

        // add form components to the form as usual

        fc = new RequiredTextField<String>("name");

        fc.add(StringValidator.minimumLength(4));

        form.add(fc);

        fc = new RequiredTextField<String>("email");

        fc.add(EmailAddressValidator.getInstance());

        form.add(fc);

        // attach an ajax validation behavior to all form component's
onkeydown

        // event and throttle it down to once per second

        AjaxFormValidatingBehavior.addToAllFormComponents(form,
"onkeyup", Duration.ONE_SECOND);

        // add a button that can be used to submit the form via ajax

        form.add(new AjaxButton("ajax-button", form) {

            @Override

            protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?>
form) {

                // repaint the feedback panel so that it is hidden

                target.addComponent(feedback);

            }

            @Override

            protected void onError(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?>
form) {

                // repaint the feedback panel so errors are shown

                target.addComponent(feedback);

            }

        });

    }

    /**

     * simple java bean.

     */

    public static class Bean implements IClusterable {

        private String name, email;

        /**

         * Gets email.

         *

         * @return email

         */

        public String getEmail() {

            return email;

        }

        /**

         * Sets email.

         *

         * @param email email

         */

        public void setEmail(String email) {

            this.email = email;

        }

        /**

         * Gets name.

         *

         * @return name

         */

        public String getName() {

            return name;

        }

        /**

         * Sets name.

         *

         * @param name name

         */

        public void setName(String name) {

            this.name = name;

        }

    }

}

FormPanel.html

-----------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<head>

    <title>event test</title>

</head>

Start typing in the textfields and see the form being validated as you
type. Ajax requests are throttled down to once per second, so they will
not

overload the server.

<form wicket:id="form">

    <input type="text" wicket:id="name"/>

    <input type="text" wicket:id="email"/>

    <input type="submit" value="submit via ajax"
wicket:id="ajax-button"/>

    <input type="submit" value="submit"/>

</form>

Could please anyone check?

Thank you.

==== The EFG Mail Gateway made the following annotation ====

This message is for the addressee only and may contain confidential or
privileged information. You must delete and not use it if you are not
the intended recipient. It may not be secure or error-free. All e-mail
communications to and from the EFG Financial Products Group may be monitored.
Processing of incoming e-mails cannot be guaranteed. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender. This message is for
information purposes only. All liability of the EFG Financial Products Group
and its entities for any damages resulting from e-mail use is excluded.
US persons are kindly requested to read the important legal information
presented at following URL: http://www.efgfp.com. If you suspect that the
message may have been intercepted or amended, please call the sender.
Should you require any further information, please contact the Compliance
Manager on compliance@efgfp.com.

Re: Wicket 1.4.11 seems to have Ajax support broken under Firefox 3.6.x

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@libero.it>.
Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov <at> apache.org> writes:

> Please create a minimal application (quickstart) and attach it to Jira
> ticket.
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Predrag Spasojevic <
> predrag.spasojevic <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem with AjaxButton, wicket 1.4.11 and FireFox 3.6.x.
> > It
> > doesn't work. I did some testing and it works for wicket 1.4.10.
> > Also there is some strange behavior with Opera 10.62. Sometimes Ajax works,
> > sometimes not, but it seems that problem existed in wicket versions before
> > 1.4.10.

That's sound very strange.
I've reproduced this behavior in a brand new Eclipse project with Wicket 1.4.11.
I will attach it to Jira as soon as possible.

I've also noticed that under Firefox AJAX post call returns the following error
message "Failed to load source for:
http://localhost:8080/WicketAjax/?wicket:interface=:2:form::IFormSubmitListener"
But under the other browsers (where it works correctly) AJAX calls for another
Wicket interface, which is ActivePageBehaviorListener:
"wicket:interface=:0:form:name::IActivePageBehaviorListener:0 ..."

I hope those informations will be useful.

Re: Wicket 1.4.11 seems to have Ajax support broken under Firefox 3.6.x

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Predrag Spasojevic <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by MONZON Jose <jo...@efgfp.com>.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@libero.it>.

Posted by Andrea Del Bene <an...@libero.it>.
MONZON Jose <jose.monzon <at> efgfp.com> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> I've been giving a Try to Wicket framework. But I have to admit that I'm
> starting to get crazy! Some help appreciated.
>
> I'm using last Wicket distribution 1.4.11
>
> And I'm trying to implement the Wicket Form (with ajax) example you can
> find here:
> http://wicketstuff.org/wicket14/nested/?wicket:bookmarkablePage=:org.apa
> che.wicket.examples.ajax.builtin.FormPage
>
> It just doesn't work for Firefox (chrome behaves correctly). The Ajax is
> ignored and a normal submit is perform (actually, it does the ajax
> first, it fails and then it does the normal submit). I have no way to
> check what is going on, because the server logs nothing and the Ajax
> debug layer is cleaned after the pages reloads.

Hi Jose,

I can confirm this bug. It works fine with Wicket version 1.4.8. I will open a
bug on Apache JIRA.
PS: I know it's quite frustrating finding an issue when you learn a new
framework but be patient and you'll find how useful Wicket is ;)

bye bye.

Re: Wicket 1.4.11 seems to have Ajax support broken under Firefox 3.6.x

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
The problem was found and fixed in
Wicket 1.4.12 will be build soon and a vote mail will be sent.

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.

Posted by "vladimir.kovalyuk" <ko...@gmail.com>.
You're not alone.

Posted by nmetzger <nm...@odu.edu>.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had a couple of AJAX components not reacting
with 1.4.11, no error message though. They worked well with all versions
between 1.4.7 and 1.4.10.

Natalie