Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos Benavente <be...@csc.ncsu.edu> on 2001/08/30 18:05:35 UTC

Tomcat encoding text datatype?

I have found only one posting related to my problem on this listserv but
there was not a fix for it, so here I am openning the vault again. Hope
someone can help. :)

My environment:
RedHat Linux 7.1
Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.3
MySQL 3.23.41
Macromedia Ultradev 4.01
mm.MySQL 1.2.c for JDBC
JDK 1.3.1

Everything is operational except: When I try to do a live display of a
"text" datatype field, Ultradev displays in an encoded format. Even after I
publish it to my Apache server and browse it, the text value is all messed
up (encoded). The data value is stored in MySQL properly, I can even select
that value using mysql client and see the proper value, so Tomcat must be
encoding the values of "text" datatype fields somehow. The other fields work
fine ( e.g. var, varchar, etc.) it is the text datatype that is giving me
problems. Any ideas? Do I need to manually code or recode the getobject()
function? Examples?
TIA,
Carlos

Carlos Benavente