Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by norinos <ta...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/04 10:24:47 UTC

Re: failed to start ActiveMQ

I tried deleting db.data and db.redo files, and starting up ActiveMQ.
This try succeeded.(ActiveMQ start successfuly, and recreated db.data and
db.redo)

But when the offline durable subscription cleanup is started, journal file
could not be deleted.

The following message was logged to the activemq.log sometimes, and it was
no longer logged at the end.
In this state, the client cannot subscribe message.

id=OFFLINE:1:6137, active=false, destinations=1, total=0, pending=0,
dispatched=0, inflight=0, prefetchExtension=0 |
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicRegion | ActiveMQ Durable Subscriber
Cleanup Timer
2018-04-04 12:41:06,857 | INFO  | Destroying durable subscriber due to
inactivity:
DurableTopicSubscription-xOyHFpTRyeCRG5Ymjszmi6Q:EXACTLY_ONCE:xOyHFpTRyeCRG5Ymjszmi6Q,
id=OFFLINE:1:3439, active=false, destinations=1, total=3, pending=3,
dispatched=0, inflight=0, prefetchExtension=0 |
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicRegion | ActiveMQ Durable Subscriber
Cleanup Timer
2018-04-04 12:45:14,792 | INFO  | Destroying durable subscriber due to
inactivity:
DurableTopicSubscription-EySMl5bvJ5Ae2HZNqPmoizn:EXACTLY_ONCE:EySMl5bvJ5Ae2HZNqPmoizn,
id=OFFLINE:1:3459, active=false, destinations=1, total=0, pending=0,

Re: failed to start ActiveMQ

Posted by norinos <ta...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, my information is not enough.
I changed the ActiveMQ setting as follows, and restarted.

offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout="120000"
offlineDurableSubscriberTaskSchedule="180000"
could not be deleted.

Since the file was not deleted, I connected the application thought that I
could receive a message,
but I could not receive the message.

Re: failed to start ActiveMQ

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
OK, it sounds like I understood you correctly, then. Did you use the tools
and techniques outlined in the wiki page I provided to determine which
destination(s) contain the messages that are preventing the files from
being deleted?

Tim

Re: failed to start ActiveMQ

Re: failed to start ActiveMQ

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I'm not understanding. Are you saying that after those durable
subscriptions were deleted, there were no more unconsumed messages and so
the journal files should have been deleted but were not?

If I've understood correctly,
http://activemq.apache.org/why-do-kahadb-log-files-remain-after-cleanup.html
will let you determine why the files are being kept. (Is there anything in
the DLQ?)

Tim