Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Arno Huetter <ar...@aon.at> on 2003/12/19 07:51:42 UTC

WSDL2Java does not create any output on complex XSD imports

Hi there,

when I invoke WSDL2Java on a certain WSDL, which imports several XSD files,
which then again import a net of further XSD files (about 100 of them)
containing more XSD types, there is absolutely no output generated. At first
this was an issue of a low default timeout value (and there was an according
error message), but then since passing "-O -1" (infinite timeout), WSDL2Java
simply produces no output (and no error message either), but simply
terminates after a couple of seconds.

What finally solved the problem was to manually move all the imports up to
the WSDL file itself, which now imports all XSD files directly, and to
remove all imports within the XSD files.

It took me hours to find out what's wrong. I would appreciate this issue to
be fixed in the next release.

Kind regards,
Arno Huetter

Re: WSDL2Java does not create any output on complex XSD imports

Posted by Jeff <je...@cogentlogic.com>.
Yeah, I know...that's my point!

Folks that design XML Schemas are not like us: they don't realize that if
you get something wrong then the schemas won't work. We are left to sort out
the mess!!!

Jeff

Posted by Dan Christopherson <da...@nvisia.com>.