Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Andrew Janke <ap...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/16 07:15:38 UTC

CXF doc pages style

Hi, CXF developers,

Some of the URLs for links in the Interceptors page (at
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/interceptors.html) use tinyurl.org link
shortener URLs instead of the final target URL. Is this intentional?
Seems odd for a project doco page.

Does the CXF project have a Style Guide for documentation to address
issues like this, similar to the Coding Guidelines for source code? Also
things like Oxford commas, "email" vs "e-mail", and so on.

Also, the navigation breadcrumbs at the top of the page (below the big
"Apache CXF" and above the left-hand list of links) start off with
"Index > " for both the main site (http://cxf.apache.org/) and the
User's Guide (http://cxf.apache.org/docs/index.html), even though the
User's Guide seems to be a different section than the main page – it has
a different list of pages in its left-hand navigation bar. The
"Architecture Guide" linked from the main page is also under
cxf.apache.org/docs/, so if I click the Index breadcrumb there, it takes
me back to the User's Guide instead of the main site index that I
arrived at it from. Would it make more sense to call the first
breadcrumb "User's Guide" or "Documentation" instead of "Index" for the
User's Guide? ("Documentation" is the text of the link from the
upper-right hand corner of all the CXF pages to
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/index.html.)

Cheers,
Andrew