Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Good Guy <xf...@hotmail.com> on 2012/07/01 06:22:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Distro Question

On 01/07/2012 05:00, Bill Vance wrote:
> Can anyone tell me about the differences, whys and wherefors, etc., with
> regards ro LAMPP/XAMPP, and the compiled versions?  I probably could have
> used LAMPP/XAMPP, but have had the compiled versions up and running for
> a while now, and so I've stuck with that for the time being.
>
> Bill

As far as I am aware, XAMPP is for people who are running their
localhost for development work and for learning.  It is not fit live
production environment.  Also, it is nor#t updated regularly.  There is
big time lag between updates and original release.

I would download the compiled versions and configure them for my local
use rather than relying on XAMPP or anything else.

Hope this helps.

--
Good Guy
Website: http://mytaxsite.co.uk