Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2006/08/24 20:01:22 UTC

[C++] Changes to tuscany::sca::model

Hi,

I'm going to leave the SupplyChain scenario alone for a day or two, to
leave people time to take a look at it, comment and see if/how the SCDL
artifacts can be simplified or done better before integrating the actual
implementation logic of the supplychain management components.

In the meantime, I'm starting to make changes to the SCDL model in
tuscany::sca::model to match the logical model for the 0.95 "recursive
composition" SCDL. This will bring the model classes closer to the
diagram I had posted a while back:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/cpp/diagrams/service.jpg.

This will include the following changes:
- finish aligning the model classes with the 0.95 terminology
- separate component and component type
- support multiple instances of a type configured differently
- refactor subsystem/module into composite
- support for includes

I'll adjust the rest of the runtime as necessary to keep it building and
working, but I'll try to minimize the changes, and will leave TODO
comments where I feel that more work is required later. I should be able
to start checking in some of the changes at the end of the day or tomorrow.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [C++] Changes to tuscany::sca::model

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to leave the SupplyChain scenario alone for a day or two, to
> leave people time to take a look at it, comment and see if/how the
> SCDL artifacts can be simplified or done better before integrating the
> actual implementation logic of the supplychain management components.
>
> In the meantime, I'm starting to make changes to the SCDL model in
> tuscany::sca::model to match the logical model for the 0.95 "recursive
> composition" SCDL. This will bring the model classes closer to the
> diagram I had posted a while back:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/cpp/diagrams/service.jpg.
>

> This will include the following changes:
> - finish aligning the model classes with the 0.95 terminology
> - separate component and component type
> - support multiple instances of a type configured differently
> - refactor subsystem/module into composite
> - support for includes
>
> I'll adjust the rest of the runtime as necessary to keep it building
> and working, but I'll try to minimize the changes, and will leave TODO
> comments where I feel that more work is required later. I should be
> able to start checking in some of the changes at the end of the day or
> tomorrow.

The model classes have been updated and merged with Pete's changes to
introduce an extensibility mechanism. It took me a little longer than I
expected as most model changes required adjustments in the code in the
tuscany::sca namespace.

I also changed the  structure of the model a little:
- renamed CompositeServiceType / CompositeReferenceType to
CompositeService / CompositeReference
- removed any requirement for multiple inheritance in these two classes.
They now only extend Component, instead of extensing both Component and
ServiceType / ReferenceType.

The updated class diagram documenting the model is there:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/cpp/diagrams/service.jpg
and here's some info on how to read such a class diagram:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_diagram

CPP components and WS references now work on the new model (Calculator
and BigBank work as well).
WS services (server side) are not working yet as I need to make a few
more changes to the WS service support code. The next update should
bring WS services back to life.

Posted by Pete Robbins <ro...@googlemail.com>.
Excellent stuff... another thing that we haven't got around to yet.
I'm still playing around with different ways of making pluggable
extensions so I'll just merge what you check in with what I'm looking
at.

Cheers,

On 24/08/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to leave the SupplyChain scenario alone for a day or two, to
> leave people time to take a look at it, comment and see if/how the SCDL
> artifacts can be simplified or done better before integrating the actual
> implementation logic of the supplychain management components.
>
> In the meantime, I'm starting to make changes to the SCDL model in
> tuscany::sca::model to match the logical model for the 0.95 "recursive
> composition" SCDL. This will bring the model classes closer to the
> diagram I had posted a while back:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/sebastien/cpp/diagrams/service.jpg.
>
> This will include the following changes:
> - finish aligning the model classes with the 0.95 terminology
> - separate component and component type
> - support multiple instances of a type configured differently
> - refactor subsystem/module into composite
> - support for includes
>
> I'll adjust the rest of the runtime as necessary to keep it building and
> working, but I'll try to minimize the changes, and will leave TODO
> comments where I feel that more work is required later. I should be able
> to start checking in some of the changes at the end of the day or tomorrow.
>
> --
> Jean-Sebastien

Pete