Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ma...@colinx.com on 2005/04/28 19:53:12 UTC

logging problem (bug?)

I am running tomcat 5.5 on a java 1.5 vm.
I want to turn tomcat logging (via java.util logging) up for debugging but
if I set everything to FINEST there is so much logging that It takes far
too much time to start up.  I am trying to trim down some of the excess
logging to make this more manageable.  One of the packages producing
excessive logs is org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.  I am trying to turn
this package down, but found that I cannot affect it by turning down the
logger of that name with the following line in
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/logging.properties:

org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.level = INFO

Rather, the only logger I have found that affects it is
org.apache.commons.  The problem is that this then blocks all of the
commons logging which I want.  Is there a way that I can just turn down
the logging on the tomcat.util.digester package?  Is this a bug?