Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2016/01/07 18:55:22 UTC

Re: CI Bigtop-trunk job

I also noticed that.
What I've done was, I notice that the nexus container was gone on slave06,
and all the jobs start failing because there's no nexus exist, for example:

http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/BUILD_ENVIRONMENTS=ubuntu-14.04,COMPONENTS=datafu,label=docker-slave/114/console

Since there're too many exited containers on slave06 as well, I therefore
destroy all the containers including running and exited on slave06.

I don't know why nexus container was gone, but Bigtop-trunk-packages
<http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/>downstream
job looks strange to me:

Downstream Projects

   - [image: Failed]Bigtop-trunk-packages-nexus-stop
   <http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/view/Packages/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages-nexus-stop/>

If "nexus stop" is followed by packages, then no one is going to bring
nexus back, am I right?

Re: CI Bigtop-trunk job

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi,

starting and stopping the nexus does not really work as expected (Since I need to start nexus on _all_  slaves, otherwise one cannot use docker container networking).

So I wanted to try wether the upgrading the docker software fixes the problems on Bigtop-trunk (The all in one compile). Unfortunately that get killed.

I propose to remove the nexus workaround and look wether Bigtop-trunk and Bigtop-trunk-packages do work now without nexus.

Olaf

Re: CI Bigtop-trunk job

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.